You must be:
- at least 21 years old (when the course begins)
- have a standard of education that allows entry to higher education in your country
- competent in written and spoken English (C1 level on the Common European Framework).
If you’re looking to start a career as an English teacher, getting your CELTA qualification with the British Council could be the ideal starting place.
CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) is an initial qualification for people with little or no previous teaching experience and is one of the most widely taken qualifications of its kind. It is recognised around the world and is a requirement for any teachers looking to work with quality language teaching institutions such as the British Council.
The British Council Teaching Centre is the only centre in Kuwait accredited by the University of Cambridge to deliver CELTA.
Take a CELTA course with the world's English experts and you will:
- be taught in small classes to allow focused training
- be taught by outstanding teaching practitioners who incorporate the most respected and up-to-date teaching methodologies
- have the unique opportunity to learn within British Council centres which can serve as a recruiting platform for outstanding candidates
- benefit from taking part in teaching practice and observe teachers in action at the British Council
- get the opportunity to practice and learn to teach by teaching.
What's more, you will be kept up to date with the progress you are making. There is no final written exam, but you’ll be assessed on your planning and teaching, your ability to transfer what you learn to the classroom, awareness of the strengths and weaknesses of your teaching, and your contribution to input and feedback sessions.
How to apply
Please download the application form below and the CELTA Pre-interview task and return the completed documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We advise that you apply at least two months in advance. We aim to process applications within four weeks of receipt.